Causes of High Cholesterol

adsense-fallback

GoodHealthGuide.org –  High levels of cholesterol is bad news as it can cause several diseases to happen and therefore it is important to know the causes of high cholesterol in order for you to be able to avoid it. Cholesterol itself is fat that can be produced by the body or obtained from food. The body usually produces around 800 mg of cholesterol each day.

The part of the body that produces cholesterol is the liver, while it can be obtained from various kinds of food such a meat, seafood, egg yolk, and dairy products. At its normal levels, cholesterol can have a lot of benefits. It can help the development of fetus, brain of infants, and nerves. It also en-sheathed nerve tissues and cell membranes. Other than that, it produces good hormones for our immune.

There are still a lot of great benefits possessed by cholesterol, but sadly uncontrolled levels of cholesterol are not good for humans. High levels of cholesterol can be identified from certain symptoms. The most common symptoms are increased sleepiness, soreness in the back of the neck and shoulders, tingling, and increased fatigue.

adsense-fallback

The normal levels of cholesterol for the body is 160-200mg. If the level of cholesterol exceeds 240mg, the person can be considered as having high levels of cholesterol. There a lot of factors that contribute to this. Although some are genetics which of course cannot be prevented, others are more related to poor lifestyle which you can make a change about in order to avoid high levels of cholesterol.

Read also :   What Is Normal Cholesterol

 

Obesity as a Factor Affecting Cholesterol Levels

Obesity is the reason behind numerous diseases, one of the example is diabetes. It is also one of the quite dangerous reasons behind high levels of cholesterol. People who have excess weight or are obese usually have a higher amount of low-density lipoprotein, or bad cholesterol, in their body. On the other hand, the levels of high-density lipoproteins, or good cholesterol in their body is very low compared to the levels of low-density lipoprotien. Obesity also triggers triglyceride levels which increases the level of cholesterol in the body.

Read also :   Signs Of High Cholesterol

 

Lifestyle Related Factors That Affect Cholesterol Levels

Around 80% of cholesterol that is needed by the body is actually already provided by the body itself, especially in the liver. Only the remaining 20% is required to be acquired from food intake. However, some food have very high levels of cholesterol that it exceeds 240 mg. Therefore, in order to watch your cholesterol levels, you should pay attention to what you eat and the amount of cholesterol it has. The lack of exercise also contributes to high levels of cholesterol, and therefore you should incorporate more exercise in your life if you are not already doing so. People with high levels of stress also experiences an increase in low-density lipoprotein. This will be worsen if the same person also smokes and consumes alcohol. Knowing the causes of high cholesterol, you may want to consider making the necessary changes in your lifestyle to avoid developing diseases.

adsense-fallback