Getting Tested For STDs, is it Important ?
Read also : Can You Get Chlamydia From Oral
Sexual transmitted Disease STD’s or also known as sexually transmitted infection can be transmitted to others through blood, vaginal fluids, sperm and other body fluids. Although most of the transmission through sexual activity but this type of the disease can also be transmitted in a non-sexual, through the mother to the fetus and blood transfusion. Furthermore, in general sexually transmitted diseases are divided into several categories which are diseases caused by bacteria, diseases caused by virus and disease caused by parasite.
Types Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and The Treatments 46
The following diseases are caused by bacterial infection :
- Syphilis, this diseases caused by bacteria called Treponema pallidum. A person with syphilis initially suffered injuries on the sex organs and mouth, if not treated well it will be a trigger for other diseases such as heart, dementia, paralysis and others. Treatment of this disease with the provision of antibiotics on a regular basis.
- Gonorrhea, is a disease caused by a bacterial infection named Neisseria gonorrhea. Patient with this disease will experience some symptoms such as pain during urination, fluid secretion turn into green or yellow, a pain on the testicles and vaginal bleeding during intercourse. Besides infecting sex organs, the disease can also infect the eyes, rectum and throat also has a great potential to cause infertility in woman. Treatment of gonorrhea with antibiotics regularly.
- Chlamydia, is a disease caused by bacterial infection of chlamydia trachomatis. Patients with this disease will not realize directly because the symptoms are not heavy, such as bleeding outside the menstrual period, pain during intercourse and pain in the testicles. Treatment of the disease using antibiotics and is recommended to conduct periodic medical checks after consuming the medication.
The following diseases are caused by virus infection :
- Genital herpes, is a disease caused by herpes simplex virus that causes injury to the genital organ with a sense of irritation and itching. Treatment of this disease is limited to antiviral because it has not found antibiotics for this disease.
- HIV or human immunodeficiency virus is a type of virus that attacks the human immune system. Furthermore, the virus can be transmitted through sexual contact, blood transfusion and mother to the fetus. This disease does not cause specific symptoms but the patient will be very easily infected with another virus that attacks other human organs. Treatment for this disease is only useful to relieve symptoms and prolong the life of the patient because there has not been found the right medicine.
Read also : Is Chlamydia Curable
The following disease caused by a parasite :
Scabies, is a disease that can infect the genitals caused by a parasite called Sarcoptes scabiei. This disease will cause a rash on the genitals and itching is not restrained. Transmission of the disease through direct contacts such as sexual intercourse, towels, clothes or sleep equipment. Treatment of this disease using a special cream.
The Importance of Getting STDs Test Regularly
From the several diseases that have been described above we must be very dangerous to human health, therefore getting tested for STDs are necessary as an early preventive measure so it can protect you from the dangers of the diseases that always threaten, you can also protect the people around you, especially the people you love most.